MFX section

Forum for the JD-XA.
Sonya98

MFX section

Post by Sonya98 »

Hello, another noobish question :)

Anyone used "00 Thru" option in MFX section ?

This is effect or what ?

thx for answer
o.durmusoglu

Re: MFX section

Post by o.durmusoglu »

Sonya98 wrote:Hello, another noobish question :)

Anyone used "00 Thru" option in MFX section ?

This is effect or what ?

thx for answer
Thru is not an effect man.

It means pass through as it is. No effects
OscarF

Post by OscarF »

Just to add to this that when using the digital engine as the AUX source be it for processing through the analog engine, ring mod or cross mod its important to note the signal is sent post MFX.
This can yield some interesting results when using Cross Mod in particular.
However there will be times when you may not want to do this.
Setting the MFX to THRU in this instance as a AUX in to the Analog Engine means that the signal will have zero MFX of it own but share the same signal path and MFX of the Analog Part in question.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

But OscarF isn't MFX a global setting? If a part FX was Thru then what you say makes sense, but for MFX everything is going through it - analog and digital, right? It's an interesting one, and weird how I never thought to question THRU as a MFX.

[EDIT] Brain fart, got confused between MFX and TFX there! The Thru function also makes total sense after I saw the signal path diagram!

OscarF

Post by OscarF »

Its easy to get the TFX and MFX confused.
If people where to approach them as a per part insert effect from the get go it would be infinitely clearer especially if they (the MFX) had been described as such in the manual.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Yer maybe PFX would have made more sense - Part FX, to go with the Part terminology of the unit. I think a lot of the confusion comes about from what buttons they decided to put on the face of the synth, and which they embedded in hidden menus. Really the right hand FX side could have been twice the size to incorporate the matrix and more options for quick changing rather than menu diving with a + and - button... urgh. Haven't looked into it but maybe a Behringer BCR-2000 could be midi mapped to all of these options? Not sure... will investigate the midi implementation when I'm by the manual.

JD-XA... only took me like... 2 or 3 years to figure it all out... lol!

Needless to say I don't buy Roland Flagship stuff anymore, it's too much of a let down with the support. The exact same thing happened with the VG-99 - to this day still the most powerful COSM/midi based guitar system with insane capabilities, but due to no support it died a slow death. Still the flagship, but discontinued.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

The effects are basically pretty cool. The global delay is the only fail. It should have a part send like the reverb. Right now the delay is on everything or nothing and I end up using the MFX for the delay and loose the MFX on that part.