Connecting JD XA to Cubase 11 Pro

Forum for the JD-XA.
Enkidu

Connecting JD XA to Cubase 11 Pro

Post by Enkidu »

Hey guys,

I have the Roland JD XA for quite a few years and stopped playing it for a long time, but I would love to finally get it connected to my DAW in a way that is efficient.

In the past I just plugged the JD XA via stereo jack into my interface and just recorded the audio signal, but I hope that I could use the JD XA like a VST instrument and having the MIDI information, which I can alter then.

I have read through the manual, watched some youtube videos and read several threads in this forum, but nothing is helping me in a way, that I can set up my configuration right.

I want to plug it via USB in my PC and create a VST for the JD XA. Therefore I switched the mode to "VENDOR" as is mentioned in the manual and tried to instal a MIDI configuration, but nothing is really working and I am a hell lot confused of which "channel" I should use and what is the exact Input and Output setting.

Dont't know if this is working at all like I imagine, but yeah, everything is somewhat of a learning field and I struggled to get myself in all this technical stuff, because I see myself as a musician in the first place and all those technical issues are really a pain in the ass xD.

I hope that I wrote in an understandable way, because english is not my native tounge and I rarely write in english.

Thanks in ahead!