Any chance for additional filter types?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
marks_mod

Any chance for additional filter types?

Post by marks_mod »

Hi,
I wish the jd-xi had more filter types options, maybe like the options on the korg electribe 2?

Do you think there is any chance Roland can/will do this on the next firmware update?

Best,

M.
baz55

Re: Any chance for additional filter types?

Post by baz55 »

The digital parts of the JD-Xi (which you are surely referring to as it's obviously impossible to add more filters with a firmware update to the analog part) have 7 filter types (LPF1, LPF2, LPF3, LPF4, BPF, HPF, PKG).

Which filters are you missing?

In any case it is very unlikely that Roland will add more filters with a firmware update as the Supernatural Synth engine the JD-Xi uses has been the same on all synths where it's used since the Jupiter-80, so they will hardly modify it only for the JD-Xi.
marks_mod

Post by marks_mod »

Hi Bazz55,

Thank you for the detailed reply!

Yes, i did mean several types for the digital part, similar to the options on Korg Electribe 2 (16 types - 6 LPFs, 5 HPF and 5 BPF). Gerat to have this....still, wouldnt mind if there were couple more... :)

Do you have anymore details about them? I tried looking at the documents of both the JD-Xi and JD-XA, but could only find that ther are 4 of them (LPF1-4) (for analog JD-XA it is Roland type, Moog type and multimode type, probably based on Roland system 700).

I found on the net, that for JD-XA digital part :
JD-XA Filters – Emulation:
Digital LPF2 is based on the Jupiter 8's
Digital LPF3 is Moog
Digital LPF4 is Prophet-5

http://www.jp-80.com/docs/JDXA-BKMs.pdf

But I dont know if this information is correct and are these the same for the JD-Xi? What is LPF1 type? JP-80?

Thanks,

M.
baz55

Post by baz55 »

marks_mod wrote:could only find that ther are 4 of them (LPF1-4)
As mentioned the digital part of JD-Xi has 7 filter types: LPF1, LPF2, LPF3, LPF4, BPF, HPF, PKG
marks_mod wrote:But I dont know if this information is correct and are these the same for the JD-Xi? What is LPF1 type? JP-80?
All Roland synths with the Supernatural Synth engine have the exact same 7 digital filter types, so anything you read about the digital JD-XA filters is also valid for the JD-Xi.
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

I'd like it to be possible to use the envelope knob to control the ADSR of the filters.
marks_mod

Post by marks_mod »

CesarsoundOne wrote:I'd like it to be possible to use the envelope knob to control the ADSR of the filters.
Yes, Great idea, I'd like that too!!!

so, combining this with LPF types, my hope for next update is:

1) Button combo to turn some knobs to AMP/Filter ADSR (maybe use the 4 effects knobs for that? )
2) Addition of digital LPF types
3) Addition of filter slopes
4) Some more Bass or other digital Tones/waveforms from the JD-XA list

Ok, now back to reality.....
marks_mod

Post by marks_mod »

baz55 wrote:
marks_mod wrote:could only find that ther are 4 of them (LPF1-4)
As mentioned the digital part of JD-Xi has 7 filter types: LPF1, LPF2, LPF3, LPF4, BPF, HPF, PKG
I meant only the LPF types. There 4 variations of the same filter type, so I think it could be nice to get some details as to the difference between them. From what I could hear so far, the main difference is how the LPFs react when resonance is introduced.
baz55 wrote:
marks_mod wrote:But I dont know if this information is correct and are these the same for the JD-Xi? What is LPF1 type? JP-80?
All Roland synths with the Supernatural Synth engine have the exact same 7 digital filter types, so anything you read about the digital JD-XA filters is also valid for the JD-Xi.
I am probably missing it, I can not find it in any official document by Roland and it seems strange that Roland is giving details about the analog LPFs (JD-XA) but not for the digital LPFs (JD-XA/i).
baz55

Post by baz55 »

marks_mod wrote: I can not find it in any official document by Roland and it seems strange that Roland is giving details about the analog LPFs (JD-XA) but not for the digital LPFs (JD-XA/i).
I think they wrote it in the Integra7 or Jupiter-80 docs, I remember reading it in some official Roland doc but can't recall which one.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

marks_mod

Post by marks_mod »

Great! bazz55 and JunoJohn many thanks for your help and info!!!