looking for soundbank (tonebank) orchstral instr. & perc.

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
TSt

looking for soundbank (tonebank) orchstral instr. & perc.

Post by TSt »

for information: yes I know the "actual" status (and character) of the axial-sound libraries

but my compositions and music tends more to the experimental and contemporary music area

so I'm further in interest for a soundbank (tonebank) which consists the typical orchestral and percussion instruments

thanks for your solutions and suggestions

TSt
Viaren

Re: looking for soundbank (tonebank) orchstral instr. & perc

Post by Viaren »

As far as I know the axial sounds are not actual sounds, it just utilize the PCM sounds and oscillators+filters that are in the jdxi. The PCM sounds can sadly not be changed. But if you go through the PCM list you will find alot of nice sounds, and with voice layering you can make alot of cool stuff :)
TSt wrote:for information: yes I know the "actual" status (and character) of the axial-sound libraries

but my compositions and music tends more to the experimental and contemporary music area

so I'm further in interest for a soundbank (tonebank) which consists the typical orchestral and percussion instruments

thanks for your solutions and suggestions

TSt
TSt

Re: looking for soundbank (tonebank) orchstral instr. & perc

Post by TSt »

@Viaren

so would be only one alternative, using the jd-xi-manager to get into the parameter dungeon
and I've to create my own designed soundbank myself, right?

the former Roland-canvas sounds (orchestra-instr and perc) could be one solutuion, if someone has the choice to build a typical soundbank for the jd-xi

thank you for further suggestions

TSt
TSt

again: looking for soundbank (tonebank) orchstral instr. & p

Post by TSt »

perhaps this information could be a solution to embed orchestral sounds into the jd-xi-synth (this short text is only in german)

" Ich habe auch schon davon gehört, dass es Leute gegeben haben soll, die die Sounds für den Integra durch anlegen bestimmter Ordnerstrukturen auf dem JDXI hatten"

(opinion from a former fellow involved with Roland)

thanks for further solutions and hints

TSt