Tone Category parameter in JD-XI

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
funktree

Tone Category parameter in JD-XI

Post by funktree »

Why roland would include this parameter ? (see the parameter guide)
I cannot see my custom sounds when using the big dial... Correct ? So Why I need to have a category for sound.

Also what is point to have a name for a sound that cannot be saved.
Should we expect some firmware upgrade where we can dial sounds from user programs ?
Can somebody throw me a bone plz
sleepingangel

Re: Tone Category parameter in JD-XI

Post by sleepingangel »

You have a really excellent point here.

I noticed that I was able to "save the name as you said" and the category of the custom sounds I made but the only way to "save" them is to save them within a "program"
that's really sucky

I hope that Roland comes with with an "Editor" also and some kind of Plug in so that we can use the sounds of the keyboard as well as the midi. (the way the ultranova works) as it stands it will only work with usb audio in Garageband for me :( Horrible noise in Logic express and yet that never happened with other keyboards.

SO if I'm to understand correctly the only way we "play" our custom sounds is to call up the program we saved it in?
Thanks
Maria
Synthtron

Re: Tone Category parameter in JD-XI

Post by Synthtron »

sleepingangel wrote:
I noticed that I was able to "save the name as you said" and the category of the custom sounds I made but the only way to "save" them is to save them within a "program"
that's really sucky
It does stink that you cannot save user tones independently of the Programs. I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I guess we have to look at a program as like a massive patch with different parts