JD-Xi drum pattern editing

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
paulyuk6

JD-Xi drum pattern editing

Post by paulyuk6 »

Hi guys

I want to edit some of the built-in drum patterns and use them in my own patterns.
This might be a stupid question, but how can I quickly tell which drum sounds have been used in a pattern?
It seems to me that the only way to do it is to go into Step edit mode and then manually select each drum sound in turn from the keyboard and see which ones make lights come on in the row of 16 above the keyboard.
This seems a bit long winded as it means you have to go through every drum sound on the keyboard to see if it has been used in a pattern !

Is there a quicker way of getting an overview?

regards

Paul
funktree

Re: JD-Xi drum pattern editing

Post by funktree »

Paulyuk,
Yes, That is only option ... to click each key. I use it all the time.
It is not too difficult to click all the 26 keys. You can check all 26 key in less than one bar (if you play 1/32 notes:).
- Most of the times there are only 8-10 drums recorded on the factory patterns. If the sequence is 4 bars (rarely), I'd go to the last one bar b/c there are toms, cymbals etc.
- I requested drum mute function on the roland support, they could implement something like this, to show us which drum sounds are recorded
- I actually use all 26 drum keys to find out what I have recorded on a track, visually with the sequencer lights.

Check out some of my videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDOv5md2o0M