Patch/sound changes in a middle of a pattern

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
funktree

Patch/sound changes in a middle of a pattern

Post by funktree »

I've seen in a few programs where the sound changes in the middle of a pattern. You can observe the light that shows sound categories to change in the middle of pattern. How da #}%^~* I can program that. I've tried step recording, real time recording and cannot change a sound in the middle of a pattern.
I've also seen programs where the FX2 is engaged in the middle of a pattern.
Check the dubstep patterns. Some have program changes or CC midi changes programmed in middle of a bar.
The only solution to achieve this in my opinion is to hookup an external midi controller, turn on recording and send a few MIDI program changes or CC changes to JDXI via midi.
What do you think?
rsaintjohn

Re: Patch/sound changes in a middle of a pattern

Post by rsaintjohn »

I asked Roland about this on Twitter this week when someone on FB pointed out the behavior you can see on Programs A52 and A53. Their reply: ""Some of the demo patterns were created on another sequencer, then imported into the JD-Xi, so those patterns have PC messages"
sleepingangel

Post by sleepingangel »

Hey I was able to do what you said. BUT it's not pretty. it's very on the fly. I can post a video of what I did to achieve this. You can only do it with a pattern that you make on the JDxi. What you do then is change the tone or the tone wheel while it's recording over that recording. It's bizzare too because you can see the dial go to the sounds while it plays but then if you erase the entire pattern it still changes the tone wheel.
I did video this but never uploaded it. Maybe I will now that others seem to be interesteD
this means the capability is there!
Maria
sleepingangel

Post by sleepingangel »

Here's the video I did showing how to "SORT OF" get different tones within a pattern!!

https://youtu.be/TcAEajUttrE

Take care
Maria