Master volume yes! What about pattern/keyboard volume?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
dutchw48

Master volume yes! What about pattern/keyboard volume?

Post by dutchw48 »

The "Master" volume control suggests that there are ways to adjust component volumes. Is there a way to adjust just the "pattern" or "keyboard" volumes? Many of the pattern volumes are so high that I cannot hear many of the keyboard tones when the patterns are engaged! Thanx.
rsaintjohn

Re: Master volume yes! What about pattern/keyboard volume?

Post by rsaintjohn »

You can adjust the volume of the currently selected Part (D1,D2,Drum,AN) with the AMP/ENV Level knob. But if you're trying to decrease the volume of the playing pattern in the Part, and also trying to play something on that Part live, then both will be impacted obviously.

You might be able to work around that by adjusting Key Follow and/or Velocity, but it's going to depend on the settings of the Program itself and what you're trying to play. IOW, if you're using a Part that has a pattern playing down in the low keys, and you want to live play the same tone in the upper ranges, you can probably customize a solution that'll work.

Just remember to save your work to a new bank, because as soon as you leave that Program, you'll lose your fine-tuning.
PiBoy

Post by PiBoy »

Hi,

Is there a way that I can control the volume on each part from a midi device? In the Program edit menu you can lower the volume of each part, like drums, keys, etc. or at least that is what I can get from the program edit screen. Is there a way to control this parameter with a midi devices?

I have a beatstep controller and you can program each knob and I wanted to know if someone has done something similar and if you know how to configure it midi message value

Shine on!

PiBoy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

PiBoy wrote:Hi,

Is there a way that I can control the volume on each part from a midi device? In the Program edit menu you can lower the volume of each part, like drums, keys, etc. or at least that is what I can get from the program edit screen. Is there a way to control this parameter with a midi devices?

I have a beatstep controller and you can program each knob and I wanted to know if someone has done something similar and if you know how to configure it midi message value

Shine on!

PiBoy
Yes you can!

Each part responds to a different MIDI channel, so if your controller can be configured to send CC 07 values on 4 different MIDI channels (the same ones on the JD-Xi of course) you can adjust the Part Volumes

Synth1 = MIDI channel 1
Synth2 = MIDI channel 2
Drums= MIDI channel 10
Analog= MIDI channel 3