JD-Xi TB MIDI Stuff iPad Editor

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
rocco1

Re: JD-Xi TB MIDI Stuff iPad Editor

Post by rocco1 »

You're welcome, korakios!

Unfortunately, the graphics don't update as you're tweaking the synth. I'm pretty sure it's possible to hack the template to make it do that, but I don't remember if I was too lazy or just couldn't figure it out.

But... I did add Send and Receive buttons so you can either Send what's on the iPad to the synth, or Receive the synth's state and it will update the graphics to match.
korakios

Post by korakios »

In the meantime I sell some of my gear including the JD-Xi, but I plan to keep one synth. (better than buying a midi keyboard for controller)

If it's the Roland I will certainly use your editor :)

PS. Does TB Midi Stuff work under iOS 9.3.5?
rocco1

Post by rocco1 »

Yeah, TB Midi Stuff works on my iPad Air2 with iOS 9.3.5.

I still have the JD-Xi, but I've since gotten a Roland FA-06 which also has the supernatural synth engine. I wish I had the time to re-edit my template to work with that synth. It wouldn't be hard to do, but it would be very time-consuming. If there's anyone out there with the will to do it, please do!
korakios

Post by korakios »

http://mididesigner.com/qa/3093

But most layouts do not have send/receive button ,so it's useless for me.

Also I found
http://mididesigner.com/qa/5116/layout-for-roland-jd-xi

Reverse meaning is that if you replace the underlying numbers in JDXi string

F0 41 10 00 00 00 14 oo pp qq tt ss rr ii F7

with F0 41 10 00 00 77 you can control some of the Fa parameters . Of course you should ask the dev of TB Midi Stuff to batch edit, but first you could check 2-3 parameters manually.

Your editor works great except the FX section , where the synths freezes on patch requesting! I will try to solve this, but the app is new to me and it will take time to master it!

I think the dev should pay you some cash and contact Roland to make a stand alone app with preset saving, or at least put a donate button!
Thanks again for your excellent work.
visualz

Post by visualz »

I'm just finding this thread and hope to try it out soon. Just got a new iPad Pro to use w/ Cubasis as my hub and the JDXi is my primary outboard 'lil powerhouse.
rrenis

Post by rrenis »

Hi, just come across this as I was focused on MIDI Designer after a friend put me onto it - looks like this is the best way to go! Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

I'm just about to purchase TB Midi Stuff and load in the editor but just curious whether the effects section was ever fixed - presumably I could just leave the effect editor out if it's causing the JDXI to freeze?
rocco1

Post by rocco1 »

It's been so long, I don't even remember what the exact issues were. I keep the effects page in there, but avoid using it. Everything else works fine, so I use those pages.

Hopefully, one day someone with enough knowledge and interest will figure out what the problem is and fix it!
rrenis

Post by rrenis »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using it on a 2G ipad mini that I wasn't really using but it gets quite unresponsive with everything loaded so concentrating on the digital and analog synths as that's been the main driver in my interest in a sysex editor. Cheers.