*** JD Xi Wish List ***

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
country

*** JD Xi Wish List ***

Post by country »

Roland engineers, please!! I'm a proffessional keyboard and synth player since '1980... The best sounding and transportable all-in-one digital ROM keyboard ever is your Roland XP-30 ;-) I'm also using acoustic piano, vintage analog Korgs, Moogs, ARPs etc together with my XP-30, on stage as well as in studio.

JD-Xi is the first 4-track groovebox fully usable with my other equipment, great sounding Super Natural drums, pads and arpeggios and analog bass lines together! It is easier (much more user-friendly) and even better sounding than Electron Analog Four and all other entrylevel or DJ's toys (Volca, Akai Wolf, Novation, Miniak...) - i have had all of these...

Nice to have feature on the JD Xi would be:
1. Part Equalizer in the first effect section (instead of occasionally usable Distortion or Fuzz..)
2. Global Parametric Equalizer in Master section
2. More classic keyboards waveforms (as in JD-XA are: accordion, lead violin, rhodes p/mf/f...)
3. Volume control for SubOSC in Analog section
4. Panel knob for VCF EG Intensity
5. Full-size keys (or implement Xi Drum section and sequencer into XA ... :-)

Thank you.
Richard, CZ
telecode101

Re: *** JD Xi Wish List ***

Post by telecode101 »

I would be great if Roland could make drivers or an update so it will work with iOS/iPad.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

country wrote:Roland engineers, please!! I'm a proffessional keyboard and synth player since '1980... The best sounding and transportable all-in-one digital ROM keyboard ever is your Roland XP-30 ;-) I'm also using acoustic piano, vintage analog Korgs, Moogs, ARPs etc together with my XP-30, on stage as well as in studio.

JD-Xi is the first 4-track groovebox fully usable with my other equipment, great sounding Super Natural drums, pads and arpeggios and analog bass lines together! It is easier (much more user-friendly) and even better sounding than Electron Analog Four and all other entrylevel or DJ's toys (Volca, Akai Wolf, Novation, Miniak...) - i have had all of these...

Nice to have feature on the JD Xi would be:
1. Part Equalizer in the first effect section (instead of occasionally usable Distortion or Fuzz..)
2. Global Parametric Equalizer in Master section
2. More classic keyboards waveforms (as in JD-XA are: accordion, lead violin, rhodes p/mf/f...)
3. Volume control for SubOSC in Analog section
4. Panel knob for VCF EG Intensity
5. Full-size keys (or implement Xi Drum section and sequencer into XA ... :-)

Thank you.
Richard, CZ
Looking at what these two different Synths do, I would be pointing to the wish number 5 !

With that, the XA would become a KILLING MONSTER SYNTH (excuse my Monstrous language ;-) )
Fantomtom

Post by Fantomtom »

telecode101 wrote:I would be great if Roland could make drivers or an update so it will work with iOS/iPad.
You can already use the JD-Xi with iOS devices. You'll need the CCK and you have to select the correct driver mode.