Jd Xi Sequencer

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
Jack.S

Jd Xi Sequencer

Post by Jack.S »

Hi Guys

Is the Xi able to chain patterns together without clipping the sound when its changes patterns, does it have the function song mode for arranging the recorded patterns like the Xa is missing and what are the biggest limits you think for its internal sequencer?

Thanks
Jack
baz55

Re: Jd Xi Sequencer

Post by baz55 »

Jack.S wrote:Is the Xi able to chain patterns together without clipping the sound when its changes patterns,
Yes
Jack.S wrote:does it have the function song mode for arranging the recorded patterns
No
SynMike

Post by SynMike »

baz55 wrote:
Jack.S wrote:Is the Xi able to chain patterns together without clipping the sound when its changes patterns,
Yes
Are you sure? I have a couple of patterns with identical Tones on the 4 parts. The only difference is that one has 3 parts and the other adds a pad as a 4th part. When I switch from the 2nd one back to the first the Pad sound is immediately cut instead of those voices finishing their release envelop.
darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

I have the same problem, it cuts out a little. Maybe not a full note, but a delayed attack.
proteus-ix

Post by proteus-ix »

baz55 wrote:
Yes
How do you get it to do this? Are there any parameters that will cause the clipping that the OP mentioned?
hangman

Post by hangman »

Old thread I know - but I have the same issue as mentioned in this thread. When playing some patterns which have exactly the same settings/sounds directly one after another in an attempt to chain together a song I get a slight delay quite often, they don't transition into each other completely smoothly sometimes.

Then there is the problem where a sound with a long release transitions into the next pattern and just cuts off completely. Are there any workaround for these issues at all?

I can live with the JDXI not having song mode, but the workaround of chaining via favourites essentially doesn't work for the above reasons.