Live 9 and program changes : troubles

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
sylzic

Live 9 and program changes : troubles

Post by sylzic »

Hello,

I try to control the JD-Xi with live 9.
Basically I want to have four midi channels to control independently the four parts of the JD-Xi.
I can draw notes in a midi sample/sequence and play them. However, I didn't succeed to make program changes from Live. Each time I try to make a change, the JD-Xi stops playing sounds and no more sound preset appears on the LCD screen of the JD-Xi. I have to manually choose again a sound on the JD-Xi. Does anyone succeed in sending PC to JD-Xi ?
Daniel Raizer

Re: Live 9 and program changes : troubles

Post by Daniel Raizer »

Hi, I just figured out how to send Program Change from Live to JD-Xi. On Live, on the notes tab of a MIDI clip you have to populate the boxes Bank Sub and Pgm with the MSB, LSB and PC values found on the JD-Xi Parameter pdf, but there is a catch: The MSB and LSB values entered on Live has to be one up, but not the PC, because live understands 0 as 1, for example: if you need to send a Program change to call the preset JP 1 String, which is 95, 64, 1, you need to type 96, 65 and 1 on Live's boxes. Thats it! It works the same for the programs but they do not play right and I could not get them to work properly. Please reply if anybody finds a workaround. Hugs.