Passing MidiClock through JDXi

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
elpiulas2015

Passing MidiClock through JDXi

Post by elpiulas2015 »

Hello, I`m having trouble passing midiclock through the JDXi. I explain:

I have a FA06 as a Master, sending midiclock through the MIDI OUT terminal to the Roland JDXi MIDI IN configured as slave. On the JDXi I activate Soft MidiThru (on the MIDI OUT). Then I conect from the JDXi midi OUT to the MIDI IN on my NordLead A1. The problem is that the JDxi slaves perfect to the clock of the FA06 but the JDxi seems to not pass the midiclock info to the NordLead A1. If I connect the FA06 or JDxi directly to the Nord A1, the Nord slaves correctly. I tried every combination of Master-slave possible.

NOTE: The Nord A1 does not have a Slave Mode, It syncs automatically when detects a incoming midiclock on the MIDI IN or USB port.

CONNECTION DIAGRAM:

Master Slave
FA06 -> JDXi -> NORD A1
ok ok no clock sync

Master Slave
JDXi -> FA06 -> NORD A1
ok ok no clock sync

Master Slave
FA06 -> Nord A1
ok ok

I am planning the purchase of a Kenton Kenton MIDI Thru 5

Any suggestion please?

Thanks
elpiulas2015

Re: Passing MidiClock through JDXi

Post by elpiulas2015 »

I bought a Roland Boutique JX03 and I discovered that passes midiclock sync and start-stop coming from the Midi In. My scenario is: FA06 as master to midi in of the JX03 to midi in of the JDxi. All is syncrnhonized perfectly. When I use the Fa06 Play/Stop sequencer buttons, both the Jx03 and the JDxi start its internal sequencers and remains in sync. I can modify the tempo on the FA06.

Another thing is that with the FA06 i can control the JDxi: Pan, ADSR, Volume, Cutoff, Resonance etc. Very helpful.

bye.