Cakewalk Instrument Definition INS File For JD-X1

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
happyrat1

Re: Cakewalk Instrument Definition INS File For JD-X1

Post by happyrat1 »

knobacon wrote:
happyrat1 wrote: 2) The ability to save individual patches on their own without having to save an entire sequence and performance together.
You can already do this with JD-XI Manager. Each synth part has it's own save dialogue, even the drums. I have all the factory patches organized into folders. I also have all of my own presets organized separately. That took awhile but it is a beautiful thing.
The problem is that you are chained to the computer when you do this. While it's great to have all your patches nice and tidy in separate folders if you wanted to take the JD-Xi on the road you have to lug the whole mishagosh along with you.

What I am proposing is the ability create or modify a single patch and save it without all the additional cruff to it's own slot with a simple press of a write button.

Sadly, my guess is that it's simply not doable with the current hardware/firmware configuration. :(

Gary ;)
liamjf

Post by liamjf »

Thanks again to Gary and Cedric for this - just downloaded it yesterday and its great!

However, I have plenty of new sounds (mainly from Axial) that are downloaded to banks S-Z (new to SW 1.10 I think). Is there an easy way to add these to the ins file? I'm happy to do it if someone could explain it to me.

FWIW banks S to Z are all PC 1-64 and MSB 85. LSB 96 to 103.

Much appreciated.

Liam.
happyrat1

Post by happyrat1 »

Regrettably I no longer own a JD-Xi however, the easiest way to add a block of new voice names to an INS file is to do a block copy and paste from a text file with the additional file names into the INS using an editor which is capable of block copy and paste.

On Linux I use Kate. Dunno what's available for Windows.

Otherwise it's just blood and sweat and pasting or typing in each filename one at a time.

Gary ;)