JDXI: volume control issues

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
reggierust

JDXI: volume control issues

Post by reggierust »

Hey there everybody,
I'm not much of a forum frequenter, so this is kinda my first post in a forum, but that don't mean a thing with this, so...

I've been using the JDXI for probably a half a year now(bought it the end of last august) and holy cow has this thing been amazing to use. Seems like this music-making machine makes a music-making machine out of me(I've filled up the E-H folder way too damn fast). I've just come up with a problem though, the JDXI seems to have a terribly hard time keeping my programs at the right volume, or at any volume for that matter. Whenever I adjust the volume on a track, it starts to slowly fade back to a middle volume. This doesn't just happen with raising the volume, but with lowering it as well, as I can't mute instruments on the drum track anymore without having to turn the filter all the way down.
I did just recently export and import the E folder of patterns to an extra bank in order to make more patterns in the E section though, so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it, but I dunno.

What'dya guys say? Am I screwed or can this easily be fixed?
jay-mz

Re: JDXI: volume control issues

Post by jay-mz »

Hey bud welcome!

have you tried a factory reset yet? i haven't had the JDXI as long as you though i rarely have issues with volume unless i have played around with effects too much.

do a backup using system settings and then reset the thing and test it out before restoring your settings, that could work, keep us posted :)
reggierust

Post by reggierust »

jay-mz wrote:Hey bud welcome!

have you tried a factory reset yet? i haven't had the JDXI as long as you though i rarely have issues with volume unless i have played around with effects too much.

do a backup using system settings and then reset the thing and test it out before restoring your settings, that could work, keep us posted :)
Hey, yes I just tried this last night and I'm thinkin I might've screwed up everything. I tried doing the backup like you suggested, I put the BIN file unto my computer and tried out a restore just to make sure it works (I have not done a backup/restore before, only exported patterns) but I accidentally hit the exit button before the jdxi unmounted properly and I think everything is screwed. When I try to restore from the Menu, it won't complete after I unmount it so I dunno. Pretty sure I lost all my patterns now because nothing's saved except the names. Oh well though
reggierust

Post by reggierust »

Is there any way that I can get my old programs back? I have the back up file and loaded it to my computer. Is there anyway that it's going to restore the patterns or is it going to keep doing what it's doing? Would like some help, appreciate the advice already guys!
reggierust

Post by reggierust »

Hey, so I tried that factory reset and the keyboard still has problems locking the volume on tracks. The behavior from the keyboard kinda changed, but nonetheless, the dang volume won't lock. It now has the tendency to drop the Amp Level down to about 40 or so (I checked to see if the keyboard was picking it up in the tone edit too) after a certain amount of time. This happens whenever I touch either the filter, envelope, or volume knobs though; it might only lock it when I save the program. Lately, it's been starting to raise the volume really high though sometimes. This is not very often, but this happens now too. I'm screwed ain't I? lol Any help out there? It'd be much apprechiated
jay-mz

Post by jay-mz »

Hey mate sorry for the delay in replying, sucks to hear that happened.

its very important to follow those exact instructions when doing updates and backups otherwise firmware can go bung.

my suggestion is either call Roland for support if its under warranty or re do the firmware update.

if you do the firmware update you just download it from Roland or here on the forums (preferably from Roland's JDXI website) and then go through the instructions carefully and update the firmware, this should hopefully reset everything back to normal. not so sure if you can get your patterns back though you can download mine if you want something to work off of its on another thread here.

if the volume thing keeps happening it could be a problem with your amp knob or a firmware fault. if a firmware update doesn't fix it then i would call Roland for support to find out what you can do.

hope it works out for you!