Hook up JD-Xi to Logic Pro (4 channels)

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
nicwhittle

Hook up JD-Xi to Logic Pro (4 channels)

Post by nicwhittle »

Hey, really hope someone can help me out here.

My goal is to have the JD-Xi hooked up to Logic Pro so that i can record into Logic Pro the 4 individual channels through USB.
I am aware there is only 1 Audio out.

I have some programs that i would like to record into logic and then free up the channels again to add more elements. But i cannot for the life of me get this to work properly.

Example of what I have tried:
Recording synth 1: mute synth2, drums and anaolog synth. Record audio / midi into logic into a track for synth1.
Repeat for synth2, drums, analog synth.

Great so i have my 16 bar recordings into logic.
But when i try to duplicate or loop they are not in sync properly with Logic? So there is clicking in between the clip loops.

But i would like to crop, duplicate etc these clips, but they are not in sync with the DAW.

I have somehow managed to get it working for a kick drum, i think i recorded the MIDI into logic then I am sending this to the JD-Xi, then recording the audio but I'm not sure this is 100% in sync.
I cannot remember what i have done because the synths do not sync properly using same technique.

I literally just want to be able to create a new template for logic, record in my 4 channels. And then duplicate and remove in phase etc then free up the synth channels again to add more elements to create a full track.

I have the JD-Xi in slave mode and i am syncing the midi clock correctly (tempo is correct on JD-Xi etc)

Could someone please help me out! What am i missing?