MPC playback starts Pattern Sequencer

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
jb1984

MPC playback starts Pattern Sequencer

Post by jb1984 »

This might seem counter-intuitive, but I'd like to be able to play back midi sequences recorded into the MPC back into the JDXi set as slave (so it receives midi clock for tempo effects + arpeggiator), but without activating/playing the pattern sequencer when I press play on the MPC.

One easy hack seems to be to just delete the pattern on the program, but I was wondering if there's a setting that would actually disable this from happening. Alternately, if I could keep the JDXi as master and somehow still get tempo from the MPC, this would probably fix the issue, right?
xorand

Re: MPC playback starts Pattern Sequencer

Post by xorand »

Did you ever find out a solution to this?
I'm having very similar issues using Ableton - can't play the ARP when JD-Xi is set to Slave mode, and when I hit play in Ableton (when Ableton is still Master), it launches the sequencer.
jb1984

Re: MPC playback starts Pattern Sequencer

Post by jb1984 »

The only thing I've been able to do is to make patches that don't have a pattern sequence, or use presets and erase the pattern sequence. Not a huge deal because if you're using an external sequencer or DAW, you probably don't need those pattern sequences anyway.

Same thing happens on my Minilogue - midi start commands kick off the sequencer there, so I just make sure it's blank.