Ableton Sync // ARP issues

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
xorand

Ableton Sync // ARP issues

Post by xorand »

Been pulling my hair out trying to understand what's going on with a few things, but can't for the life of me.

Specs:
Win 7,
Internal Soundcard (although the probs described below are the same when using the JD-Xi as a soundcard as well),
Ableton 9 Suite, Using External Instrument with Midi To: JD-Xi // Ch. 1 and Audio From: 1/2
JD-Xi

1) - Ableton 9 Suite, set up to sync with JD-Xi and JD-Xi settings: USB Drv = Vendor, Clocksource = USB, and Sync Mode = Slave.
Midi messages appear to be sending to JD-Xi, as when I hit keys on piano roll in Ableton it plays the synth.

However, when I enable the ARP, nothing will play. According to the manual, this only happens when the Ext. clock is not received. Anyone come across this issue before?

2) - Also, even when I have the internal clock set to on (Sync Mode = Master), and ARP enabled, and I program notes in Ableton to play the ARP, it only plays the chord, not the sequence of notes.

3) - Finally, when sync mode is set to Slave, and I hit play in Ableton, it launches the Sequencer on the JD-Xi, which is really annoying.

For anyone using Ableton and this synth, these would seem to be fairly common issues? Perhaps I'm mistaken and I'm just a total n00b, but I've been playing synths from different manufacturers for a while now and never come across such a basic syncing problem without an easy solution.

I'm starting to regret buying this...
jay-mz

Re: Ableton Sync // ARP issues

Post by jay-mz »

sorry brother i dont have an answer for you :( - i DO know however the ARP on the JD-XI doesn't work when i connect a midi controller - perhaps its tethered to the keyboard bed that is on the unit - i dont know for sure though mate sorry i cant help.