Was thinking of getting the JD-XI but

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
orion1971

Was thinking of getting the JD-XI but

Post by orion1971 »

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of getting a JD-XI to go with my Roland FA 06 but after looking at Facebook JD-XI/XA Synth group I am not sure now.

Reading lot's of reports of broken keys and seen a few on this forum, not looked into this as much as I should hence my post here.

Is it that common a problem? is it related to certain models by age? if it i s what a shame as this little synth sounds great and would be a great sketch em up for me.

Thoughts please? should I stay clear..

Regards

James
gris

Re: Was thinking of getting the JD-XI but

Post by gris »

I don't know much about this, but won't you be playing it from the
FA-06 keyboard anyway? I'm controlling my JD-Xi from my Yamaha
MOXF6 keyboard most of the time....

Cheers
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Indeed, the JDXi has a weak construction. And mine has some faulty red LEDs that does not light anymore. But the sounds are pretty good.
orion1971

Post by orion1971 »

I wonder if the newer editions are the same (White and Red versions)?

I'd use the FA06 for sure but be nice to have those lazy days just sat at the JD-XI zoned out ;).
jay-mz

Post by jay-mz »

I bought mine in December - it seems ok - i don't thrash at it though and i have a few midi controllers i plug into it for extra range etc. I spend most of my time on the JD-XI itself, i did change the velocity to soft though as I'm not a piano player so maybe that affects play style and hardness on the keys.. i havent looked back at all since i bought one and its my first ever hardware synth, and id buy it again probably!
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

No problems here. I think its fantastic. Build quality is good enough. Looks like a toy but it sounds epic.