Roland JD-Xi Update? When?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
CesarsoundOne

Roland JD-Xi Update? When?

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Recently Roland released a firmware update for the JD-XA. Now would be nice to see an update for the JD-Xi too!

Someone heard a rumor about it?
Drumfix

Re: Roland JD-Xi Update? When?

Post by Drumfix »

There is a version 1.50 supplementary manual at the Roland US site, but no binary yet.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... f1910ab1c6
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Wow, good news :) Thanks

Functions Added in JD-Xi Ver.1.50
Interactive Chord
Transpose
Shuffle
Side Chain Compressor
Startup Program
baz55

Post by baz55 »

Yay, I hope they fixed some of the sysex related bugs too.
caicheng

Post by caicheng »

The 1.50 upgrade still not available yet. I cant wait for it. When will Roland release it?
The interactive chord and Startup Program is seems to should be exist at first release of jd-xi system.

Because for the interactive chord, all the pattern length in present programs are only 1, it need interactive chord to do the performance.

And also every time I start the keyboard, I must hit the > to reach my current work form the very beginning. It's a easy function.

I think Roland does great job in ver.1.50! Please... release it soon!
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

And it works like a charm! I likedi it!
Attachments
JDXi V 1.50
JDXi V 1.50
150.jpg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
caicheng

Post by caicheng »

Thank you! I've tried to guess the download address before. But not as luck as you!
And your editor for jd-xi is also great job!

Update:

Upgrade success. The interactive chord works great!
I found Roland now officially released it, every one can download it on the support page.
funktree

Post by funktree »

I wonder what they messed up with this v1.5 update.

When I upgraded to 1.10 i LOST my favorite function for live performance. When I play over a recorded sequence and use the pitch-wheel the recorded material wouldn’t get pitched. After the v 1.10 update the whole track got pitched when using pitch wheel.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< ARGGH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess there are not enough of us who use recorded base line or a chord(s) and play a solo over the same track. When you get pitch up/down the base/chords gets transposed by 2 half tones too or what ever your pitch wheel is set to.

I Asked the Roland to make this optional .... but I guess the side-chain compressor is more important. Wonder who makes these decisions.
funktree

Post by funktree »

FCK FCK FCK !!!

I knew that they "Roland" would fuck something royally up with this update. Putting silly transpose function on "shift + KEY" ... are you insane ?
So I cannot tweak sound holding shift down for fast scrolling b/c you decided to put a fucking transpose on "shift+key" . If anybody is using fast scrolling to change parameters or presets by shift+(+) or shift+(-)
forget about a live performance ... you cannot hit any key on keyboard b/c while holding shift down you keyboard will TRANSPOSE OMG ...
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

Interactive Chord: now the bass line follows the chords.
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

funktree wrote:..... After the v 1.10 update the whole track got pitched when using pitch wheel.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< ARGGH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess there are not enough of us who use recorded base line or a chord(s) and play a solo over the same track. ......
you can use the "tone" bend pitch parameter to pitch only one synth.
darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

funktree wrote:FCK FCK FCK !!!

I knew that they "Roland" would fuck something royally up with this update. Putting silly transpose function on "shift + KEY" ... are you insane ?
So I cannot tweak sound holding shift down for fast scrolling b/c you decided to put a fucking transpose on "shift+key" . If anybody is using fast scrolling to change parameters or presets by shift+(+) or shift+(-)
forget about a live performance ... you cannot hit any key on keyboard b/c while holding shift down you keyboard will TRANSPOSE OMG ...
I think for this purpose was the "favorite" option implanted.
Not to change a program, to change the favorite.