send cc message

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
pb21

send cc message

Post by pb21 »

I have a pyramid sequencer and I would like to store in the sequence the patch numbers, ive looked at the midi implementation but I still dont understand what to send to the jdxi, for example if i used a preset A24, what value message do i send to do that.

some help would be appreciated as I am a relative newbie to this stuff.

If I can do that I dont have to write down the patches I used. I can just change to the preset automatically

regards
gris

Re: send cc message

Post by gris »

Just try to send some program change numbers and see what happens then you probably will be able to figure out this anyway...
brakjoller

Post by brakjoller »

pb21 wrote:I have a pyramid sequencer and I would like to store in the sequence the patch numbers, ive looked at the midi implementation but I still dont understand what to send to the jdxi, for example if i used a preset A24, what value message do i send to do that.

some help would be appreciated as I am a relative newbie to this stuff.

If I can do that I dont have to write down the patches I used. I can just change to the preset automatically

regards
I don't think you will be able to do a program change while playing:

https://rolandcanada.zendesk.com/entrie ... n-problem-

At least I think that is what you want to do.
gris

Post by gris »

He is using an external sequencer not the internal one... ;)
brakjoller

Post by brakjoller »

Yes, I think I understood that, but if I understand the reply from Roland correctly, sending a program change will also stop any sound that's playing. But perhaps that's not a problem. I'll make some experiments with my own MIDI controller later and see how it behaves.
pb21

Post by pb21 »

I got somewhere in understanding the jdxi program changes. Anyway for the benefit of others here I have made a short video of how to send messages to change the presets on the JDXI. Hope you all find it usefull especially for us rookies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDtBRKavdbM