Favourites Mode - Goes to sleep too quickly

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
jeffwraight

Favourites Mode - Goes to sleep too quickly

Post by jeffwraight »

Hi Folks,

I recently got a JDXi so I could get my rig sorted out for smaller gigs. My JP80 & Nord rig is just too big for a couple of the places I play.

Got my head around most of it but one thing is a tad annoying.

When in Favourites mode (Which I use quite a lot) the JDXi goes to sleep if not played for a while, & just when I want to quickly select a patch I have to re enter Favourites mode first.

So far I have found no mention of this in the manual. Is there any way to override this 'Sleep Mode' ?

BW

Jeff
brakjoller

Re: Favourites Mode - Goes to sleep too quickly

Post by brakjoller »

As a workaround, could you keep a program playing with the volume turned down, when you are idle, so to speak, and would that then keep the Xi from exiting favorites mode?
jeffwraight

Post by jeffwraight »

Hi Brakjoller,

Nice idea.

Judging by your answer and by the fact that no other solutions have surfaced, it looks as if there is no way of turning off 'Sleep Mode'.

Oh well.... Thanks anyway.

BW

Jeff
brakjoller

Post by brakjoller »

If you haven't already, I just tested my theory, and it feels like it might work quite well for you. I just picked a program and erased all content from it, and had it playing while the favorites mode was in action. It never went to sleep. So, perhaps you can have an empty program that you keep as the last favorite, or something, to activate while you are idle, so to speak. Just a thought.
jeffwraight

Post by jeffwraight »

Hi Brakjoller,

Yep that sounds like a good workaround. Thanks for looking into this. You have been most helpful. I have the updated version so there are 16 banks of Favourites to play with now. Probably more slots than I'll ever use!!!

BW

Jeff
brakjoller

Post by brakjoller »

I'm glad to be able to help out, for once, being a n00b to all this synth stuff and all :)