JDXi Manager - Patch Editor for the Roland JD-Xi Synthesizer

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
CesarsoundOne

Re: JDXi Manager - Patch Editor for the Roland JD-Xi Synthes

Post by CesarsoundOne »

baz55 wrote:
CesarsoundOne wrote:in digital sinth I can change the parameters of the 3 parts at the same time? For example, changing the waveform and the ADSR of the 3 parts at the same time?
Not currently, it's not so trivial to implement, but I might add that at some point.

What you can do since version 0.28 is create one partial, then copy and paste it to the second (and third) partial and then modify the parameters you want to be different on each partial.

You can either use the menu option Edit>Copy and then Edit>Paste, or simply by pressing the Ctrl-C keys to copy the current partial, then switch to the destination partial and then press Ctrl-V to paste.
Hi baz55, thanks for this important tips, I didn't know it, I will try it. Anyway, it would be nice and value adder to see this feature on Editor, for ex, on my XP50 (that has 4 parts) I can hold the "shift" bottom and click the 4 parts, so that the parts are linked and change the parameters at same time. This is useful to create synth strings, leads, pads, pianos, etc.

Cheers!
baz55

Post by baz55 »

CesarsoundOne wrote:Hi baz55, thanks for this important tips, I didn't know it, I will try it.
You can always find details about all the changes and improvements for each new release listed in the release notes: http://jdxi-manager.linuxtech.net/#relnotes
lazyfumi

Post by lazyfumi »

Where can i find the last version for OSX? it seems that it's no more available on the mac app store!
Thankyou!
baz55

Post by baz55 »

The JDXi Manager is for Windows and Linux only.

There never has been a version for Mac.

You are looking for the okJDXiEditor which is a different program by a different person.

I cannot help you with that one as I don't have a copy of it and I have no idea where to find it.
lazyfumi

Post by lazyfumi »

baz55 wrote:The JDXi Manager is for Windows and Linux only.

There never has been a version for Mac.

You are looking for the okJDXiEditor which is a different program by a different person.

I cannot help you with that one as I don't have a copy of it and I have no idea where to find it.

Hello,
thankyou for your answer.
Just want to give the forum my feedback, I tried yesterday with WINE on my macbook OSX 10.10 and everything worked fine for me.
Thanks again for your job! your editor really makes things easier and more fun!
baz55

Post by baz55 »

lazyfumi wrote:Just want to give the forum my feedback, I tried yesterday with WINE on my macbook OSX 10.10 and everything worked fine for me.
That's very good to know, but please keep in mind that unfortunately I cannot provide support for the JDXi Manager running on OS X, as I don't own a Mac, and therefore have no way of replicating and debugging any possible problems myself.
mardem1976

JDXi Manager Chromebook Install

Post by mardem1976 »

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share my experience with getting this running on my chromebook, in case anyone else wanted to do the same. Everything runs fine through Crouton, but you'll need a few extra quick steps. You do not need to mod your Chromebook in any way, but you will need to enable developer mode. Follow the basic instructions for installing Crouton:

https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton/wi ... ng-Crouton

I recommend using xiwi and the extension targets, as it will allow you to run your Linux instance in a Chrome OS window, and share the clipboard. Trusty may cause problems, as it's older and not all of the jd-xi manager pre-requisites will install. I've personally tested Ubuntu Xenial and Debian Stretch. I also recommend using xfce with chromebooks, since it's lightweight. My install command is below:

Code: Select all

sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -t xiwi,extension,xfce
The above instals Xenial by default at the time of this posting. You can request a different distro by using -r:

sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -r stretch -t xiwi,extension,xfce
Installation may take a while, and at the end you'll set a username and password. Once complete, login to the chroot:

sudo enter-chroot
or launch xfce and use a terminal:

sudo startxfce4
You'll need to install Alsa to get the audio and midi hooks that the manager needs to run. Inside the chroot:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install alsa
Once that's installed, you'll need to add yourself to the hwaudio group so your user has the correct permissions:

sudo usermod -a -G hwaudio "$USER"
Log out of the chroot, then log back in. Confirm you're in the group with the command:

groups
Once that's done, you're all set with the original instructions for the linux install. You can launch the app with:

perl "PATH TO PL SCRIPT"
Many thanks to the developer for making this app - it's opened up endless possibilities for this synth.
baz55

Post by baz55 »

Thanks for sharing that, it will definitely be useful for other Chromebook users.
Brukvels

Post by Brukvels »

Oi!
I have broken screen on JDXI. Is there some decision to change menu settings from JDXI Manager or othere utilities?
mmckavanagh63

Re: JDXi Manager - Patch Editor for the Roland JD-Xi Synthesizer

Post by mmckavanagh63 »

Hello baz55,

Just to say a huge thank you for the work on this editor.

I'm relatively new to the JDXi, and the difference between what can be done with the editor (vs having to dive through layers and sub-layers in the menus) is fantastic. Once I became familiar with the interface I found it really easy to use, and I've been able to create some great patches very easily. In particular, the ability to simply and easily add width to strings and pads by adjusting the stereo L/R settings on the individual parts is just great. I'm sure I'll have more revelations as I continue to experiment!!!

Thanks again.

Cheers, Michael