Blofeld and the jd xi

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
runningman67

Blofeld and the jd xi

Post by runningman67 »

Hello everybody. I'm new here.

Well I squeezed the pips out of my Kronos and its now tucked away under my bed.

I love my workstation, written lots of origional songs and even sold an album or two. Thing is, I got bored. So this is what I did.

Bought a Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Tascam 24 track recorder an Eventide Space, Roland 404 Sampler and now the Roland JD Xi.

I've Midi'd the JD through my Waldorf and put it all through the Eventide anx wow. A totally new approach with some serious quality cost efficient hardware.

The Blofeld seems to compliment the Xi.

Feels like a stripped back Workstation but a lot more fun. (Funstation)

Might trade my Kronos in. I like the new generation fun affordable hardware trend.

The JD Xa may be next. I'm getting eccentric in my old age.
funktree

Re: Blofeld and the jd xi

Post by funktree »

runningman67 wrote:Feels like a stripped back Workstation but a lot more fun. (Funstation)
“Fun station” ... Excellent!... I too have kronos that have been not turned on for 1-2 years. However the JD-XI gets A LOT of play time.
The blofeld is great compliment to XI... especially the matrix control, wave tables etc just so much more versatile. JD-xi Digital 1/2 are somewhat limited Rompler voices. However the Drum section / sequencer is where JD-XI shines. JD-XA ? how about system-8. I know Jd_XA can do a lot but too pricey ... Also ... I picked up jp-08 ... I’m blown away with the voice and usability. Don’t need to tweak too much to get a musical sound out of it. That does not apply to Korgs,,, I think the generic issue with korg is that it takes time to dial a good fat sound. Also the korg radias is a good example, you dial a nice sound and you need to tweak tweak to get juices out. When I turned on jd-xi I was instantly in favor of 40-50 sounds. Pity that roland pushes too much for the dubstep signature on these new machines.
runningman67

Re: Blofeld and the jd xi

Post by runningman67 »

Update........just traded my Blofeld towards a JD XA. Not been this excited about my set up for a long time.
I'll keep you posted and share my thoughts and workflow etc.