Using the arpeggiator with midi

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
Jimbob1029

Using the arpeggiator with midi

Post by Jimbob1029 »

Hello! I have the huge ERROR of buying the crappy jd-xi....

But I'm stuck with it now as I've broken the pitch wheele. Anyway....

Has anyone tried using the arpeggiator using midi from an external source. I'm using it to play live.. what I want to be able to do, is input Chords into my ableton, and send them to the jdxi, but if I have the arpeggiator on, it bypasses it and just played the chord! Does anyone know a way around this? Other than using ableton arpeggiator?

James
guvenilter

Re: Using the arpeggiator with midi

Post by guvenilter »

Any luck yet? I’m having the same problem and although it’s a minor issue, it makes it impossible to use the jdxi as a module.
strangepowers

Post by strangepowers »

This also happens when using the MPC to send midi to the keyboard. It just won't run the Arp. The only work-around I've gotten from Roland is this: Record your Arpeggiation into the internal sequencer and use sync. Pretty dumb, I know. It defeats the purpose of an Arp! I don't want a midi pattern inside the jd-xi. I do all song arranging externally. I want to be able to play different notes with the arp, change the pattern slightly, etc. JD-XI does none of that. I got rid of mine last year over this and other issues... they still haven't fixed it.
mixe

Post by mixe »

Apparently just not possibile. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=55366