New Aira / JDXI / System 8 Questions

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
MarcusBee

New Aira / JDXI / System 8 Questions

Post by MarcusBee »

Hi There

thanks in advance for any help on the below questions…

I’m going to post this is multiple forums as it covers a few different products.

I’m thinking of buying a jam set up based around the following gear:

1. MX1
2. System 8
3. JDXI
4. TR8

I would use the MX1 as the master and then the USB Inputs on the mixer to receive audio / midi from the System 8, JDXI and TR8.

Working on the basis that I would use the System 8 in split mode with real time sequencer record to give me two sequencer parts, then 4 sequenced parts on the JDXI and drums from the TR8, I have a few questions that would really help me understand if this would work:

1. A few people with a similar set up, seem to be reporting latency issues from the JDXI - does anyone have any experience of this and if yes, any workarounds - i.e. use USB for sync only and use the analogue outs for example ?

2. Is it possible, if running the TR8 into the MX1 with USB to also use one of the analogue outs to separate out the Kick drum ?

3. Does anyone have any experience with the real time sequence record in the System 8 - it seems amazing to me that there is no click, so I’m wondering about how to record in real time when using a set up like this…I guess just put it in record arm, use the TR8 as the ‘click’ and cycle round and record stuff ?

4. If I then connect up the MX1 to Ableton via USB, what do I see in Ableton in terms of separate audio tracks - each ‘fader’ / channel on the MX1 ?

5. How would I add a JU06 Boutique to this set up and sequence it via the JDXI - I’m guessing it’s as simple as use the fourth USB slot into the MX1 (slot 3 to give it bus power ?) but does this provide midi as well and if so how will the JDXI send midi to the JU06 - is all that is needed the correct midi channel or am I better using analogue outs and midi in from the JDXI to avoid midi channel clashes ?

Thanks again for any and all help