jd xi pattern copy does not copy

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
Wcash

jd xi pattern copy does not copy

Post by Wcash »

Hello,
I am desperately after some help, i recently bought a JDXI and love it but i have one issue in that i can not copy patterns or parts of them.
I go through the normal process but it just does not copy.
i have tried copying
just digital synth part 1 and 2 individually plus the drums and ANA synth individually and every possible option (sound only/pattern only/all) etc etc
i have not got patterns locked and am not trying to write into the pre set banks!!!!!
it is making writing very tricky and time consuming so any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Wesley
rsaintjohn

Re: jd xi pattern copy does not copy

Post by rsaintjohn »

Wcash wrote:i have not got patterns locked and am not trying to write into the pre set banks!!!!!.
Are you writing the new Program with the copied pattern to the User Bank before you navigate anywhere else? If not, you will lose your changes each time. Save and save often!
SirMalikCobra

Post by SirMalikCobra »

How do you even copy?
Thats possible!?
klar_kinelis

Post by klar_kinelis »

Wcash wrote:Hello,
I am desperately after some help, I recently bought a JDXI and love it but I have one issue in that I can not copy patterns or parts of them.
It looks like you can only copy each, whole Program (4 sounds and their settings). This is the only part I literally hate about JD-Xi - you can't save the sound you built on eg. D1 and use the rotary knob to select it in the other Program or copy it as a separate sound. You can, however, use the software editor.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Sounds like many of you are talking about slightly different things. Yes, you can copy a pattern from one Program (Preset or User) Part to another (User Program). Yes, you can copy a single Part from one Program to another. You do not have to copy an entire Program. True, you cannot add a customized Tone to the Category Dial.

Go to a user program that you want to copy to. Press and hold the [Menu/Write] button and press the [10] button. Select the Program that will be the source of what you want to copy. Choose the Part(s) you want to copy from and to (example: from the source's D1 Digital 1 Synth Part (of source) to the D2 Digital 2 Synth Part (of your target)). This will include the sequencer pattern and the tone. Once you do this, you should save your User Program so as not to lose your work.

Detailed in the manual on page 10