JDXI arp patterns on different keyboard

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
rubez

JDXI arp patterns on different keyboard

Post by rubez »

hi i am not good with the technical stuff. but i connected MIDI out on my JDXI into MIDI in on my system-8. using the arpeggiator patterns you can get some AMAZING hooks and bassline out of it very very easily and the system-8 sounds particularly good on these patterns, especially with the sideband filter.

two issues:

the 3 octave mini keys. could I trigger the JDXI's arp patterns from the system-8 keyboard somehow... S8 MIDI out to JDXI MIDI in? or is that silly? (don't have 2 MIDI cables to try atm) if not, i have a nord keyboard maybe i could use? (so using the JDXI arp, with the S8 sound, from the nord keys?)

2nd issue: recording these arps. can i record them into a DAW? i think you can record the JDXI arp patterns (i am sure i managed this ages ago) but can you record them when triggering from another keyboard (if THAT is even possible) maybe not enough MIDI ports or conflicts?

thanks for any input... and i thoroughly recommend using your JDXI arp patterns (150 of them i think) on any other synths you have. it sounds amazing :)