New Axial Sound Library Released

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
9blackoranges

New Axial Sound Library Released

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi,

Just visited Roland Axial website to see whats new and surprised to see new library for JD-xi called Color Square.

No sound preview provided but described as..

This collection is based on mainly square wave featuring lots of harmonics. Sound designer created those sounds in consideration of "color" of sounds. Vivid sounds and clear melody line has images of primary colors. Lots of greatsounds for club music and creating game music.

Not yet loaded up.

Hope its got some useful sounds.
Mike
TSt

Re: New Axial Sound Library Released

Post by TSt »

What I'm missing yet: tones like orchestra, chambermusic instruments and a orchestral percussion kit

or is it now possible to change the tones of the jd-xi?

thanks
9blackoranges

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi,

This synth is not really designed for orchestral sounds. I presume you have looked at all the pre-loaded sounds and the axial additional sounds.

You might like to look at the Ultimate patches offerings you can purchase and load into the JD-xi. This will give you a flavour of whats 'readily' available.

See:-

http://www.ultimatepatches.com/#ROLAND4

Sorry, there is no easy answer for you.
Bermudagirl

Post by Bermudagirl »

I´d love a shakuachi sound. Any chance any of those libraries have one included?
9blackoranges

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi Bermudagirl,

Good question! However much I would like to help, I don't have the patience to listen to all 720 sounds to see if one sounds like a shakuhachi! They are not in groups of like sounds and their names give few clue. You could listen to the 10 minute video of short clips to see if you can recognise one sounding right?

Sorry no help. Poo.