using jd-xi with foot

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
hasoli

using jd-xi with foot

Post by hasoli »

hey guys. i have simple desires.

i am a live looper, and with jdxi, i also use a guitar and sax/flute. thats why i need my hands for other instruments sometimes.

sometimes i just want to use jdxi's drum part, with 2 pattern slot so i can have a little different style in one song. this is like using a beatbuddy with acoustic setup. but since i cant use jdxi with my foot (start/stop playing, change pattern slot, mute/unmute shakers/hats, etc) using jdxi with guitar is a pain.

in a non-acoustic situation, i would use all 4 parts of the jdxi with pre-recorded stuff. but again, i want to keep playing guitar, while im able to mute 4 different parts (analog, digital 1-2, drums) to make my music even bigger, and go back and forth pattern slots, again muting drum parts, maybe even making my pedals to press chords? long shot :P

do you think these things are possible? behringer fcb1010 came to my mind, since its a midi footswitch. but programming fcb1010 is hard as far as i understand, and im not even sure whether jdxi is capable of what im looking for, though i highly believe it is capable.

this control extension would be a massive help in my musical career, so i am begging for any kind of help :P