4 bar pattern limitation - fixed in the next OS update?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
GCFKeys

4 bar pattern limitation - fixed in the next OS update?

Post by GCFKeys »

Hello,

I'm considering JD-XI as the next addition to my studio. However, as I'm into a trance programming, I need the ability to create a least 8 or 16 bar patterns.

Any rumors going that this 4 bar 'limitation' will be lifted in the next coming update?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
baz55

Re: 4 bar pattern limitation - fixed in the next OS update?

Post by baz55 »

Where have you read about an upcoming firmware update for the JD-Xi?
GCFKeys

Post by GCFKeys »

baz55 wrote:Where have you read about an upcoming firmware update for the JD-Xi?
I meant some future OS update actually, sorry for the misunderstanding. If any for that particular reason. Wish I had any insider info though :)
baz55

Post by baz55 »

I highly doubt that there will be another OS update for the JD-Xi, the JD-Xi is 5 years old now and to my knowledge Roland has never provided OS updates to any synth so many years after launch.

That said, there are already ways to overcome the 4 bar limit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBR30taG1Sw
GCFKeys

Post by GCFKeys »

baz55 wrote:I highly doubt that there will be another OS update for the JD-Xi, the JD-Xi is 5 years old now and to my knowledge Roland has never provided OS updates to any synth so many years after launch.

That said, there are already ways to overcome the 4 bar limit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBR30taG1Sw
This trick works when working on the unit itself, but not if connected to a clock host (DAW) sending a start and tempo synchronization data. In such a scenario, it is creating a problem. Nevertheless, the option is to use an external sequencer and a JD-XI as a sound module.