Can´t find Tri Bass 12 or Electric kit 12.

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
kbjonnes

Can´t find Tri Bass 12 or Electric kit 12.

Post by kbjonnes »

I am new to this instrument, but trying to learn some basics. I tried one of the preset program, D39 called 9Bit. Here are the listings of that preset copied from the PDF-list.

Genre : Chiptune
D1 : Sqr Backing Seq
D2 : Sqr SEQ Seq
DR : ElectricKit1
AN : Tri Bass 12
Measure Length : 2 Scale : 1/16 Tempo : 130
MSB : 85 LSB : 65 PC : 103

I wanted to recreate this setting (for practice) on one of the empty presets, on the E or F range, using some of the same sounds. But when I try to add the «Tri Bass 12» to the analog track, I can’t find it, just Tri Bass 2 (if I remember correctly), and the same with drums, I can’t find ElectricKit1 when I try to add it to the drum track, just all the other drum-sets. Am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
JD-Xi_ParameterGuide_e01_W.pdf
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
9blackoranges

Re: Can´t find Tri Bass 12 or Electric kit 12.

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi,

Can not get to my keyboard currently but think the issue relates to whether a sound/patch is a pre-set or a bespoke one made for a specific song.

The main selection nob only gives you pre-sets.

To use a bespoke sound/patch you have to use the ''copy/paste' function ( unless you have an Editor programme on a PC etc).

The copy short/cut function is found by pressing:
[Menu/Write] + [10] button

Then:

1.This Jumps you to the Pattern Copy screen.
2. Use the Value [-] [+] buttons to select the copy-source program number, and then press the [Enter] button.
3. Use the Value [-] [+] buttons to select the copy-source part AND the copy-destination part, and then press the [Enter] button.
4.Use the Value [-] [+] buttons to select the copy-objective (copy Pattern + Sound or Sound only or Pattern only) and then press the [Enter] button.

Importantly though Effects can not be copied! So it might need tweaking to get the exact sound as before.

I have this 'info' on a short cut-list I have on my Laptop, hence I can reply.

Hope that helps.
kbjonnes

Post by kbjonnes »

Thank you, that helps a lot, I think that solved my problem :-)
Just a small follow-up question. If I copy/paste a bespoke sound/patch into an empty program, can I give the sound a new name? Like it was done with the Tri Bass 12 or Electric kit 12, or is that made by Roland? I am just able to rename the program and choose a slot for it, not the sound. If I tweak a lead synth to sound like super Mario jumping, I would like to name that sound "Mario jump". Does the question make sense? :-)
9blackoranges

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi,
You can name/rename the overall Programme but not the individual sounds/patches.

To name the individual patches/sounds needs an Editor which Roland don't supply or have but there are third party candidates that do the job well.
electrotecha

Post by electrotecha »

if you want to use same sounds that you saved inside a project, copy paste program and re-edit.
the sounds you tweak or create are not saved into PRESET MEMORY, they are saved AS PART OF THE PROJECT.
the preset memory and song banks are "read only" but you can tweak and save to a new location as songs, or to a new project with tweaks into the sound.