How do I prevent volume / expression pedal on master keyboard from also affecting sound level on JDXi?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
mmckavanagh63

How do I prevent volume / expression pedal on master keyboard from also affecting sound level on JDXi?

Post by mmckavanagh63 »

I'm using (in a live onstage setting) a Nord Electro 6HP as a Master Keyboard for the JDXi - the two are connected with the normal 5 pin midi cable. I use a volume pedal extensively on the Nord (mainly for swell on B3 organ sounds) but I have not been able to disable this pedal from also affecting the volume level on the (midi'd) JDXi.

Does anyone know of an easy way of doing this? I've read both the user manual and the midi mapping tables but the answer is not obvious to me, and I have also dived deep into all of the menus on the JDXi itself looking for something like a "midi expression pedal on/off" type setting, but to no avail.

Would appreciate any help that anyone can provide to solve this.

Many thanks,

Michael
mmckavanagh63

Re: How do I prevent volume / expression pedal on master keyboard from also affecting sound level on JDXi?

Post by mmckavanagh63 »

Thanks - I'll try that to see what happens.
9blackoranges

Re: How do I prevent volume / expression pedal on master keyboard from also affecting sound level on JDXi?

Post by 9blackoranges »

You need to look to the other end to solve your problem, if the Nord will let you not send expression out in the first place.

Thats what I do with my FA06 Roland keyboard as a master to the JDxi.
mmckavanagh63

Post by mmckavanagh63 »

9blackoranges wrote: 10:19, 2 April 2021 You need to look to the other end to solve your problem, if the Nord will let you not send expression out in the first place.

Thats what I do with my FA06 Roland keyboard as a master to the JDxi.
Thanks, yes I did also have a dive through the Nord menus but couldn't see anything to toggle midi expression out between on/off. I may of course not be looking in the right place! Will have another go, and maybe also post the same question on a Nord forum to see if anyone has encountered/solved it there. Thanks again for coming back to me.
9blackoranges

Post by 9blackoranges »

I have had a quick look at the Nord and I don't think it gives you the choice.

I had looked at purchasing the Nord Electro 6 primarily for its organ functions but wanted it as a master keyboard as well but ruled it out because it has very limited midi output criteria selection options.