New Xi-editor for iOS and Mac

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
Klink

New Xi-editor for iOS and Mac

Post by Klink »

I keep looking at this website https://jdxi.app/ as it looks like a great iPad editor for the JDXi - but it doesn’t seem to exist anywhere & the website says 2020 at the bottom. The subscribe link doesn’t work & neither do the pre-order buttons.

Just wondered if anyone on here knows anything more about this like - when is it coming out or whether it’s dead in the water and not happening?
Archimboldi

Re: New Xi-editor for iOS and Mac

Post by Archimboldi »

I've been watching it for over a year, and unfortunately seeing the same thing. Would love to figure out how to help the project -- happy to pitch in a bit of financial help. Same to the OkDev software that the other user posted a few days ago. Either would be a massive help!
frapal

Post by frapal »

I have been searching for the same, and in the end i am learning Sysex. What i am doing first is mapping it from the A800 Pro which according to my research is the best mate for JD-Xi. I did a very decent mapping for the Analog Part and I will post a video soon. But i spent the last 2 days on it. As you know the Sysex document is absolutely aweful. So i will continue the other parts only if there is interest.
Next I want to make a Live Device to control the JD-Xi through CC messages.
Then maybe do a full editor if i can sell a few. But i really dont know if there is interest.

When i got deeper into the JD-Xi to understand i keep being amazed of what this toy can do.
Klink

Post by Klink »

Hey Frapal, I see you've posted a YouTube video on controlling the JD-Xi from an A-Pro controller keyboard. Are your maps the same as LARacer's previously posted ones or are they different? Any chance of sharing on here?