Version Update 1.51

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
Bermudagirl

Version Update 1.51

Post by Bermudagirl »

Hey there, I am a newbie here, so please forgive me, if my questions sound stupid to you. But since I did the version update to 1.51 last month, I have noticed a decrease in the vocoder quality. So I was wondering, if anyone else had the same problem. The single tone voces, like the octave + and - for example sound therribly distorted and almost no tone comes out the same, when I sing it (and no, my singing is ok). I have tried to alter the effects in every way I could, turned distortion off, turned down sustain, but nothing works since the update. Also the voices in general come out very quiet. Is there anything, that can be done apart from another version update or a factory reset? I updated, because I use the chords function a lot, that function works a lot better now. So I do not want to go back to factory settings.

Also can anyone explain to me, why I cannot use the vocoder, when I use the analog bass? Is there any way I could use both?

How do I get the sequencer to record the vocoder?

I use a Digitech Jamman looper as well, that thing records everything coming from my JDXI sequencer, which is pretty annoying. Are there any settings I can change either on the synth or the Looper to prevent that?

Questions over questions, I know. But the main reason I bought this synth was the vocoder, which is not working the way I want it to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
howardS

Re: Version Update 1.51

Post by howardS »

Here there, Bermudagirl, you asked why you cannot use the vocoder when you use the analog bass. That's just the way the JD-Xi works. It says on page 5 of the manual that "Vocoder/AutoPitch can be used for only one part. Also, the Analog Synth part becomes unavailable if you select Vocoder/AutoPitch." I remember someone explaining that the reason it takes two parts is because vocoders require two audio sources: a carrier, your voice in this case, and the modulator which is the analog synth part.

I haven't yet upgraded to 1.51 so I can't comment on the reduced quality of the vocoder that you're experiencing.
Bermudagirl

Post by Bermudagirl »

Thanks for your response.
Bermudagirl

Post by Bermudagirl »

I did the update now. Seems to have helped. Haven't checked out the Chords function yet though. Also I changed the Input values in the menue, that seems to improve the volume for the vocoder.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I'm glad that helped.

In your first post you said you updated to 1.51 but then in your last post you said you just did the update. Did you update to 1.52?