"Pattern Full", how to delete controller events?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
tnq1ll0

"Pattern Full", how to delete controller events?

Post by tnq1ll0 »

Hi,

I am very new to this instrument and quickly ran into the problem that the screen is showing me "Pattern Full".
For the record: I am in the Anlog synth, recorded many notes over some time, played around with effects, envelope and the filter. All the while the Real Time recording was on. And now I can't change the cutoff of the filter because the error message appears immediately.

I read in the handbook and parameter guide about this state, and that I should reduce the number of notes or partials for drums or digi-synths. But I'm in the analog synth part. What can I do here? From the PG: "The effect knob movements are not erased even if you erase the entire pattern. ... you'll need to re-record." But how, if at the first touch of the knob the message "Pattern Full" appears?

The only way I can see at the moment is to completely erase the entire pattern with "All" as the target. But this will delete all my work.

tl;dr: I just want to be able to re-record, erase or overwrite the filter cutoff, but immediately "Pattern Full" appears on the screen.

Thanks in advance