Re: ANALOG TONE question

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
SteveinAla

ANALOG TONE question

Post by SteveinAla »

I am very new…taking piano lessons, first Synth (Roland JDXI), so my experience level is…brand new, though I have some music knowledge from when I was in high school and college.

When I first got my JDXI 2 months ago, my A01 bank led the Analog part with “AN:AnalogTone”. If I hit the Tone +, it would go to “001:Toxic Bass”. Hit Tone + again it goes to the next tone…002: … If I hit Tone -, it would stop at 001 and not go back to what I thought was a lead default “AN:AnalogTone”.

All of my banks did this…A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H. But now I have lost that lead default in A, B, C, and D, though it remains in E, F, G, H.

Currently (as if 9/16/23), my A01 bank AN default is… “AN:We’reGoinDn”. My B01 bank AN default is AN:ToxicBass”.
I have no idea how or why that switched, or when.

Does anyone know how that changed, or how I can bring back the default “AN:AnalogTone”?

Again, I am a newbie learning my way around, and I am learning a lot…a few weeks ago I created my first D1, D2, Drums, AN sequenced pattern. I was so thrilled and enjoyed playing (albeit simply) against it. This is such a great keyboard. There are music worlds I cannot wait to tap into as my knowledge and skillset improves.

But the random interchanging of the default tones in D1, D2, and AN mystifies me.

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed to help me understand what is happening or what I am doing.
SteveinAla

Post by SteveinAla »

Answering my own question….the default initial tones in Banks A, B, C, D are associated to the pre-programmed patterns in each bank setting….A01, A02, A03… the pattern of that bank number is using those tones in D1, D2, and AN in its pattern. Banks E, F, G, and H have no pre-programmed patterns.

I figured this out after sitting with it one more time after I posted my original post.

And I did not have what I thought I had in those banks when I bought it. It was always as it is. Again, A, B, C, D banks always had initial tones associated to the patterns of that bank. Makes more sense to me now.
brasno

Post by brasno »

Hi, I am now here ;-) I recommend you to check on Roland site for more details. Here is link to JD-Xi Parameter Guide, including Program List on the page 30.:
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... _e01_W.pdf
Also, please check here for the latest firmware:
https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... s_drivers/
You can check it: Press the [Menu/Write] button; Press the cursor [>] button several times to select "Version Info," and then press the [Enter] button.
If your version is 1.52 or 1.51 you don't need to update.
I hope it helps a bit.
CU, brasno