Possible CC control?

Forum for boutique synths
JarvisMusic

Re: Possible CC control?

Post by JarvisMusic »

tomoe97 wrote:
witchmaster wrote:
JarvisMusic wrote:I'm trying to control the JP08 sliders with my Axiom 61 using Bome's MIDI Translator Classic.

For some reason I cant get it going. I also have a Roland Juno 106 which uses SYSEX, I can control that fine with my Axiom and Bome's. I dont understand why the JP08 would be any diffrent unless Im missing something.

Bome's is picking up the SYSEX of the VCF Cutoff of the JP08 as

F0 41 10 00 00 00 1C 12 03 00 02 02 09 00 70 F7

Im trying to allow my Axiom Slider (CC 20) to control this.

Like I said, I was able to get it to work with the Juno 106.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I'm not really familiar with Bome's Midi translator, but it can have something to do with how the data bytes are sent, normally values are 7-bit or 14-bits (in two parts), but for the Boutiques, the values are 8-bits split up into two 4-bit parts. Another thing could be the checksum, it has to be calculated from bytes number 9 to 14 or these bytes in the sysex you posted: 03 00 02 02 09 00

I just finished a two-way midi converter for the Boutiques, it's working quite well: http://www.daemonbite.com/boutique-midi-converter/.
Sounds very promising! Will you be developing a Mac OS version, too?

If any one has success setting this up with Ableton,.please let me know.

Thanks!
witchmaster

Post by witchmaster »

Did you JarvisMusic get my PM? It seems to stay in the outbox so I don't know if it has been sent.
JarvisMusic

Post by JarvisMusic »

witchmaster wrote:Did you JarvisMusic get my PM? It seems to stay in the outbox so I don't know if it has been sent.

Just got it and replied, thanks for getting back to me.
witchmaster

Post by witchmaster »

The settings for the delay is also output as sysex so to complete the otherwise thorough list of tboneuk:

Code: Select all

DELAY
--------------------
XH XL
10 02	LEVEL		00 00 -> 00 0F (00 00 = OFF)
10 04	TIME			00 00 -> 00 0F
10 06	FEEDBACK		00 00 -> 00 0F (00 00 = OFF)
The address is the same for all three Boutique synths.
JarvisMusic

Post by JarvisMusic »

Got the full version of this Boutique editor from Witchmaster and have to say it works awesome with Ableton.

I have all the sliders running to my Axiom for longer throws and am able to automate every parameter if needed to.

It's really nice with the delay controls for the JP08 which on the Boutique itself, are a bit clunky to operate.
talos

Post by talos »

Check out this
https://youtu.be/r_wJxo4xAdM
Looking forward to the free beta
phm78

Post by phm78 »

Summary Of Roland Boutique SYSEX message

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/328 ... sex-En.jpg
tboneuk

Post by tboneuk »

Finally got around to trying the BCR2000. Pleased to say, no problem.

Just going to work out the best layout and I will post a sysex dump (if allowed in this forum) for all 3 boutiques in the next few days
burnsjed

Post by burnsjed »

That would be great, thank you very much!
tboneuk

Post by tboneuk »

Finished the initial BCR implementation. I wanted a layout that like the CF I have been using is sort of standard across all 3 boutiques. I have not included the switches/buttons as we have a wonderful interface with the boutiques with single control per function. This is just a way of enhancing the control for those that are interested.

Also, this is really a stop solution as I still plan on developing something in hardware that just provides finer control and maybe some additional functionality without such a large controller.

Anyway!

All that you need is a BCR and the files to program into the bcr. I found a great free(in principal) application called BC Manager that made it much quicker to program so I am posting the .bcr files (used by the app). The guy that wrote the application (I feel) deserves something for his work so I am personally donating a little something to him. If the bcr files are of use I think it would be nice for others to do the same. I have emailed him to see if the files can be hosted there and currently waiting for a reply.

These are the layouts for all 3 as I have them now

JX

JU

JP
tboneuk

Post by tboneuk »

flonky

Post by flonky »

Hi,
does anybody have an Environment Editor for Logic Pro X for the Boutique synths?
I tried to program a fader myself using the Sysex list but the Boutiques do not respond to anything.
Is it because I have connected them via USB-Midi?
Thanks,
Florian
witchmaster

Post by witchmaster »

flonky wrote:Hi,
Is it because I have connected them via USB-Midi?
Thanks,
Florian
That is at least one reason, the Boutiques only receive sysex through the hardware MIDI ports.
wintersunproject

Post by wintersunproject »

I have a Roland A-800 the biggest problem is it doesn't seem to want to accept the sysex string at all.
can anyone confirm if the A-500 is compatible with the sysex strings for the jp08 ?

Thanks in advance
witchmaster

Post by witchmaster »

wintersunproject wrote:I have a Roland A-800 the biggest problem is it doesn't seem to want to accept the sysex string at all.
can anyone confirm if the A-500 is compatible with the sysex strings for the jp08 ?

Thanks in advance
It's possible that the A-800 can't send the messages as 2x4bit like the Boutique synths want, it's quite an uncommon format, usually 7bit parts are used.