SH-01a sequencer bug?

Forum for boutique synths
afewster

SH-01a sequencer bug?

Post by afewster »

Noticing an interesting 'feature' - when transpose is set to M, entering the same two notes sequentially in the sequencer (i.e. C, C) results in a 'tie' note, whereas in L or H setting, the notes play sequentially as entered. I assume this is a bug.
cloudburst

Re: SH-01a sequencer bug?

Post by cloudburst »

Set that sequence running and then try reducing the envelope decay time.

CB
afewster

Post by afewster »

It's easily reproducible. Set transpose to M - create a sequence with the same notes. It will create a tie note. Switch transpose to L or H and it will play as entered. ADSR doesn't change the behavior. It's a bug.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

I have tried this again for you, and with the patch I am using it does not recreate the problem.

Can you try something for me? Assuming you haven't got rid of your factory patches, pick tone T1-4 first. Then set the transpose to M. Then write your sequence. Then play it. What happens?

CB
afewster

Post by afewster »

Hey CB - so I can't reproduce with patch 1-4 (I can on 2-3 as another example however)!

That said, check out the attachment (apologies for the TV in the background) - you can see the behavior. Changing the range to match the impacted octave has no effect.

Thanks for pitching in!
Attachments
LYjUr1ZSTKe6406xNOta5g.MOV
(17.44 MiB) Downloaded 763 times
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

I just tried this. Mine works fine on both 1-4 and 2-3. Hmm.

CB
afewster wrote:Hey CB - so I can't reproduce with patch 1-4 (I can on 2-3 as another example however)!

That said, check out the attachment (apologies for the TV in the background) - you can see the behavior. Changing the range to match the impacted octave has no effect.

Thanks for pitching in!