TR-08 MIDI

Forum for boutique synths
theraa

TR-08 MIDI

Post by theraa »

Hello,

1. Is it possible to use it as a 12-channel sequencer, by sending each instrument's MIDI notes individually?

2. Is it possible to control its playback by switching patterns with incoming MIDI notes, instead of by physically pressing buttons?
007mike

Re: TR-08 MIDI

Post by 007mike »

You can definitely record each drum on a separate audio track. Do you have a reason why you need 12 channels of midi?

You can write MIDI data in your DAW and trigger the drums to playback, yes. Make sure you have an empty pattern loaded on the synth itself or you will get a double playback effect that isn't desirable.
theraa

Re: TR-08 MIDI

Post by theraa »

Do you have a reason why you need 12 channels of midi?
Yeah, instead of using this device as a music instrument I would rather use it as a controller.

Being able to output all instruments to corresponding MIDI channels turns this unit into 12-channel sequencer which I found quite useful.

Of course I can program sequences in my computer, but it's more convenient to have sequencer as a separate device with physical controls, and programming everything using this big 'instrument knob' should be super fun.