Tr-09 + tr-727/707

Forum for boutique synths
AndrewHenderson

Re: Tr-09 + tr-727/707

Post by AndrewHenderson »

Stormchild wrote:Dual mono TS to stereo TRS (regardless of plug types) will work in both “directions”.
This is awesome news, thanks so much yet again, for taking the time to help me out with all this.

I guess the Roland cable I linked above will be suffice for my needs, at least to test that everything works as I hope. I can then decide whether it would be beneficial to upgrade to a better cable, later.

I really appreciate your time, effort and patience with me Stormchild. You have been a great help.
Stormchild

Post by Stormchild »

AndrewHenderson wrote:
Stormchild wrote:Dual mono TS to stereo TRS (regardless of plug types) will work in both “directions”.
This is awesome news, thanks so much yet again, for taking the time to help me out with all this.

I guess the Roland cable I linked above will be suffice for my needs, at least to test that everything works as I hope. I can then decide whether it would be beneficial to upgrade to a better cable, later.

I really appreciate your time, effort and patience with me Stormchild. You have been a great help.
Sure thing. I'd be interested to see how it comes together when you have everything set up. The 707 is an underappreciated classic. Let's keep hoping for that TR-07. I should do a mockup and send it to Roland. Their HQ in Hamamatsu is only a couple hours away…maybe I can talk my way into a tour.
AndrewHenderson

Stormchild wrote:
AndrewHenderson wrote:

Sure thing. I'd be interested to see how it comes together when you have everything set up. The 707 is an underappreciated classic. Let's keep hoping for that TR-07. I should do a mockup and send it to Roland. Their HQ in Hamamatsu is only a couple hours away…maybe I can talk my way into a tour.
Oh! I had no idea you were in Japan, I just noticed that now! That would be very cool! Despite me soon owning a 707, I would still buy a TR-07, just for the 727 sounds, as I don't yet have that machine.

You will literally be the first person I tell about my ventures, once I have the TR-09 and the 707 hooked up together. Hopefully it all goes well and I will take pictures and make a small audio clip of the two running in tandem and see how it all fares!

Thanks again so much!
Stormchild

Post by Stormchild »

I finally got around to finishing my mockup of the TR-07:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57029
AndrewHenderson

YES! I LOVE IT!

Now we are talking! Looking over your mock up brought a huge smile to my face. I really liked how you kept the colouring accurate between the orange 707 and blue 727, for easy distinction between the two. Same with the bottom instrument listing, where you show each button containing sounds in the same fashion and again, colour coded.

Man, if this actually came out, I would be absolutely floored and it would be a day one buy for me. The little changes you are promoting, to be more user friendly and more like the TR-09 are brilliant and if they offered compression etc, as an added bonus to really help things come alive, this thing would be an absolute killer machine to have.

Please Roland, take this seriously, I beg you!