TR-08 Low Output Volume

Forum for boutique synths
Lyle

TR-08 Low Output Volume

Post by Lyle »

Hi all,

I've been using my TR-08 for over a year with no problems. I primarily use it as an additional device on a 3rd channel on my mixer when I am DJing.

I recently was testing connecting an additional audio device via the Mix In jack on the TR-08 and suddenly the level from the Output jack dropped dramatically. The strange thing is that the sound from the external device via the Mix In is playing at regular volume - it is only the sounds from the TR-08 itself that are very soft from the Output jack. The other strange thing is that the Phones jack is still playing everything at a regular volume i.e., both the TR-08 sounds and the external device. As a test, I also hooked up the TR-08 via USB to Audacity to view the Output level, and even here the waveform is really small but as I did not test this before, I don't have any reference to compare it to.

I've updated the system software (1.08), done a factory reset and still no changes. Are there any ideas about what could be wrong? Is there an internal volume setting or boost that may have been disabled when I plugged in my external device? I've seen that the TR-8 has an Output boost function but I have not managed to find out if the TR-08 has something similar.

Any help with this will be appreciated. I can still use the Phones jack to connect to my mixer but ideally, I would like fix the Output problem and know how to resolve this. Thanks!