saving manual patches on JP-08

Forum for boutique synths
northerntao

saving manual patches on JP-08

Post by northerntao »

Is there a way to save a manual patch into one of the patch settings on the JP-08 when operating in manual mode? Reading through the manual, I only see a way to save the changes to an existing patch by long-pressing the lower digit. I understand a real Jupiter 8 has a Write button, but I don't see an equivalent function here, unless I'm missing something obvious.
tboneuk

Re: saving manual patches on JP-08

Post by tboneuk »

Pressing the manual button just uses all of the current values from the sliders/pots/switches etc. Regardless of whether you are starting from a preset patch or from a manual start you have to store the presets in one of the 11-88 presets (thus you always overwrite a previous patch). So saving to patch 24, press 2 then hold 4 down longer until it flashes. I guess the long hold of the second number is the same as clicking write The patch is saved.

This is the case for patch number section. The second section Patch preset is used to store 1-8 presets. Select a preset on the left section (in duel mode this can be both lower and higher patch numbers) then press and hold the patch preset. It will save along with the duel/unison/poly etc.

If you need to store the whole bank the presets can be dumped via the usb to a folder on your computer.
northerntao

Re: saving manual patches on JP-08

Post by northerntao »

Cool, that helped - I was able to short press the first digit, and then long press the second to overwrite an existing patch. I was trying to save the state of what I had dialed in manually, but I kept dialing in the patch I was trying to overwrite instead of overwriting it.