No Soft thru?

Forum for boutique synths
Synthtron

No Soft thru?

Post by Synthtron »

I am actually getting around to MIDIing up my Boutique synths but you mean to tell me there is no MIDI soft thru?

I'll have to read the pamphlet/manual closer but I have not seen this feature which would be a huge help.
If not I will have to get a third MIDI patch bay.
tboneuk

Re: No Soft thru?

Post by tboneuk »

Another alternative would be to get a through box that takes the incoming midi and provides multiple outs. That is the way I used to get around some keyboards not having a thru port.

Havn't used one for years but after quick google looks like you can still get them.

Something like this http://www.midi-store.com/Midi-Solution ... aQodrjwL5g
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

tboneuk wrote:Another alternative would be to get a through box that takes the incoming midi and provides multiple outs. That is the way I used to get around some keyboards not having a thru port.

Havn't used one for years but after quick google looks like you can still get them.

Something like this http://www.midi-store.com/Midi-Solution ... aQodrjwL5g
Yes that is correct. I said patch bay but I meant Thru Box. I have two Thru boxes already, now I need a third one to run my boutique synths.

Thanks!
tboneuk

Post by tboneuk »

I have chained 3 together in a daisy chain without issue. Just set them to receive on different midi channels. The sysex control is passed regardless of channel allocation.

So it would seem like there is a soft thru.

For some reason setting them all to the same channel did not trigger sound from all 3 as one would expect - so the soft thru implementation is a bid strange!

MIDI IN -> JU06 IN ->
JU06 OUT -> JX03
JX03 OUT -> JP-08
JP-08 -> MIDI OUT