Patch mods on analogue synths

Forum for boutique synths
cloudburst

Patch mods on analogue synths

Post by cloudburst »

I'm struggling to get my head around how tweaking patches actually works on the Boutiques (help!):

Loading an existing patch and then tweaking without switching to 'manual' mode; how does that work?

ie. Does any slider you operate 'jump' the parameter to the point you move it to, or does it adjust it by the delta you've moved it?

How do you know where to slide it back to in order to revert without just re-loading the patch?

Sorry for the very basic question.

CB
IraVirus

Re: Patch mods on analogue synths

Post by IraVirus »

cloudburst wrote:I'm struggling to get my head around how tweaking patches actually works on the Boutiques (help!):

Loading an existing patch and then tweaking without switching to 'manual' mode; how does that work?

ie. Does any slider you operate 'jump' the parameter to the point you move it to, or does it adjust it by the delta you've moved it?

How do you know where to slide it back to in order to revert without just re-loading the patch?

Sorry for the very basic question.

CB
It jumps to the point that the slider is physically at. There is no indicator for when you return it to the original value.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Many thanks for the response. So, if I'm understanding correctly, when editing a patch outside manual mode, the only sliders which are representative of the sound being heard are the ones that have detected you've moved them - and any others which by some fluke are in the right position :-) Does this sound right? If so, then I've got it!

CB
IraVirus

Post by IraVirus »

Yup. You got it.