JP-08 midi issue

Forum for boutique synths
seamice

JP-08 midi issue

Post by seamice »

Hello,

Since yesterday i'm having a midi issue with my Jp-08.
The notes I play on my k-25m keyboard are being endless triggered... This suddenly happend yesterday....Hard to explain. Watch the video in the attachement...
Somebody knows how to solve this annoying problem?

I already tried several things, Restore to factory settings / other midi port in my midisport 4x4 an my motu interface, nothing solves this problem...
All my other synthesizers are acting normal, so maybe its an internal setting of the jp08...
PLEASE HELP!
Attachments
20151122_135913.mp4
video when i pressed 1 key on the k-25m
(15.6 MiB) Downloaded 2331 times
cloudburst

Re: JP-08 midi issue

Post by cloudburst »

I'd be inclined to disconnect everything, go back to just the JP-08, no K25-m, no MIDI connections, factory reset, no sequencer running etc. Then re-introduce your connections one by one. First try connecting simply an external keyboard to the MIDI in, nothing else and verify that's working. Then unplug the external keyboard and introduce your DAW instead. Keep the K25-m unplugged until the end. That would be my approach. Keep it down to a simple process of elimination.

CB
seamice

Post by seamice »

tnx for the reply cloudburst!

I tried this out.
The problem starts when i plug in midi out (jp08) to midi in (muto interface or midisport 4x4)
Then all my recorded notes are starting to dance around. From the moment I unplug the midi out from my jp08 everything is behaves normal....
The k-25m keyboard is also unplugged, when i plug it in, then everythigs also stays normal....

So this probably is a hardware problem i supose?

Anybody having some advice on this for me...

tnx!
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

What is it you're trying to achieve by plugging the MIDI out from your JP-08 into the audio interface? What are you trying to make control what? What recorded notes? Where are they recorded?

A more normal use case would be to control the JP-08 either by hooking up your DAW or external keyboard to the MIDI-IN port on the JP-08.

The only time I use the MIDI-OUT on my JP-08 is to feed the 'overflow' voices to another boutique module (the JP-08 being set to chain mode).

CB
seamice

Post by seamice »

Ok I figured it out.
I want to record the notes that I play on my k25m keyboard.
So my midi in and midi out where connected into my audio interface.
In ableton on my jp08 midi channel I was sending my played notes directly to my jp08.

So when i record midi i have to "mute" my midi out in ableton...

Thnx for the help!
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

If you want to capture the MIDI events created as you play the K25-m/JP-08, then all you'd need to connect would be the MIDI-OUT from the JP-08 to the MIDI-IN on your audio interface

If you want to record the JP-08 sounds generated as you play the K25-m/JP-08, then you'd need only to connect the Output stereo jack from the JP-08 to the L&R mono input jacks on your audio interface

If you want to capture both of these, then you'd make both of the above connections; but in none of the cases you mention would you need to connect anything to the MIDI-IN on the JP-08. I'm not sure why you're doing that, but perhaps there's something I'm missing.

CB
seamice

Post by seamice »

I connect the midi input so i can capture an edit my sequence of notes (that I played earlier on my k25m) and then directly record the track in audio...
maybe i am explaining it not very good, my english isnt that good...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Seamice
IraVirus

Post by IraVirus »

Seamice,

It seems like your midi set up is treating the out as more of a thru. You should check your software set up and see if there is an option to turn off mirroring the input into the output. That would solve your problem.