Undocumented Boutique System Settings

Forum for boutique synths
rsaintjohn

Undocumented Boutique System Settings

Post by rsaintjohn »

Saw one of these posted over on Gearslutz, and I found another one. Can't believe I didn't notice that the lights were active but not mentioned on the Owner's Manual sheets.

From the Roland Japan Knowledge Base page:

ADJUSTABLE CHORUS

When you turn on the Chorus of the JU-06 and JX-03 you will hear a little noise.

To reproduce the Chorus of the JUNO-106 and JX-3P, this noise will be heard when you turn Chorus on.

With System Setting [MANUAL] + [12], you can adjust the noise level of Chorus:
[1] OFF
[2] HALF
[3] ORIGINAL (initial value)

MODULATION HOLD

Is it possible to retain the (Mod) value even if you release your finger from the C2 ribbon controller in the Boutique Series?

In System Setting [MANUAL] + [11], you can turn on MOD HOLD; even if you release your finger from the C2 ribbon, the value will be held.

[1] MOD HOLD OFF (initial value)
[2] MOD HOLD ON
witchmaster

Re: Undocumented Boutique System Settings

Post by witchmaster »

Thanks, this is good to know, especially the the Chorus one, I have seen several people complaining about the noise of the chorus.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Ha ha - this explains it. I'd noticed the 'gaps' in the instruction manuals and actually looked at the settings on the 3 modules, but was to afraid to try changing them :-) Thanks for this. You have to wonder why it's not just included in the manual.

CB
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

It's such a pity that Roland doesn't make decent manuals anymore.

I really loved their extensive documents in the past, but since they released the Aira products it's just a junk piece of paper. Not even a printerfriendly PDF and hidden functions that aren't even mentioned.

Sorry Roland, love your products, hate your documentation.

I know Roland isn't the only one, but sometimes I feel more a beta-tester than a customer.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Tom_1970 wrote:I really loved their extensive documents in the past, but since they released the Aira products it's just a junk piece of paper. Not even a printerfriendly PDF.
I agree with your point about their old manuals - I remember learning a lot from the JP-8 manual. However, the Boutique one pagers I have on pdf do seem to be printer-friendly (limited in content though they are).

CB