'org' mode on the TB-03 seems different to the TB303 FIXED

Forum for boutique synths
iixorb

'org' mode on the TB-03 seems different to the TB303 FIXED

Post by iixorb »

Hi,

I just posted this in another thread but have decided to create a topic from it as well.
Don't get me wrong - I am really enjoying the TB-03 and it has become my no1 favourite Boutique (I own all except the VP03 and A01).

But as a former TB-303 owner, I have found the programming method in 'ORG' (original) mode not to be exactly how I remember programming my 303. I recall that whilst in Write mode, slides / accents and up/down transposition could be entered at will by scrolling through each of the (typically) 16 steps and pressing slide/accent up/down buttons as required (whilst holding down TAP).
But on the TB-03 it seems you can't change the up/down octave when scrolling through steps - only the accent and the slide - and I am sure you could on the 303. I don't think Roland have properly captured the essence of original 303 programming and have missed this.... This video here seems to suggest my recollection is correct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSKs9dbmMRE
Check what he is doing after 2:34.

UPDATE - I just installed the latest firmware (1.04) and they've fixed it :-) Thanks Roland !
Bodde

Re: 'org' mode on the TB-03 seems different to the TB303 FIX

Post by Bodde »

Can you tell me in what way they have fixed it? I have read the new functionality manual (very short as usual). But it only says something about copying patterns and random patterns. It doesn't say they have fixed anything. I am waiting for my TB-03 to come this weekend. Being able to program octaves is a must for me.

By the way is there a driver for OSX 10.6.8?
I can see only 10.9 and on. Or will that work with older OSX as well?
iixorb

Re: 'org' mode on the TB-03 seems different to the TB303 FIX

Post by iixorb »

Bodde wrote:Can you tell me in what way they have fixed it? I have read the new functionality manual (very short as usual). But it only says something about copying patterns and random patterns. It doesn't say they have fixed anything. I am waiting for my TB-03 to come this weekend. Being able to program octaves is a must for me.

By the way is there a driver for OSX 10.6.8?
I can see only 10.9 and on. Or will that work with older OSX as well?
Hi there

Indeed the manual revision doesn't mention anything but what Roland have fixed is the ability to transpose each note + / - two octaves, as well as add accents and slides. This is what I was grumbling about in my post above (before I updated the firmware to 1.04). This now matches how I remember the 303.

Just to point out that I think this functionality was only missing from 'org' mode. I think the Step Mode did allow transposing of notes.