JU-06 with JD-Xi

Forum for boutique synths
andypandy

JU-06 with JD-Xi

Post by andypandy »

I currently own a JD-Xi and would like to add the JU-06 boutique just to play around some more with that sweet vintage Roland sound.

I am guessing they are compatible through the 5 pin Midi... I was just wondering how they interact with each other. Would I be able to use the arpeggiator/key hold while playing JU-06 sounds? Could I use the mod/pitch wheel on the JD-Xi to affect the JU-06 sounds?

Wondering if anyone here has tried this combo and what kind of results they got.
rsaintjohn

Re: JU-06 with JD-Xi

Post by rsaintjohn »

It's been about a year, but I connected both the JU-06 and the JP-08 to my JD-Xi at the same time, and it was a blast. I put the JU-06 on Channel 1 (so it corresponded with D1) and the JP-08 on Ch 2 (D2), programmed a sequence for one, and played the other live. Added drums and analog bassline. My recollection is that the arp worked, hold worked, sequencer worked, pitch wheel worked, but I can't remember how the mod wheel or other Xi controls worked on the Boutique. And I can't remember for sure, but I think I was able to just daisy chain them using a standard MIDI cable between the Xi and the JU, and then another between the JU and the JP, like a MIDI Thru. Not positive on that, may have used a MIDI splitter, but I don't think so.