TR-09 error - help!

Forum for boutique synths
aalanthony

TR-09 error - help!

Post by aalanthony »

Hello,

I've started getting a message on the display of my TR-09 that reads something like "6E.Lo", which begins flashing within 30 seconds of turning on the machine. Once the message shows up I can't change the tempo, or change the parameters in edit mode or basically do anything that requires use of the tempo knob or display. Otherwise, all other functions are fine. I can't seem to figure out what the cause is or how to fix it. Have already restored to factory settings twice. Please help!!!

Photos -->
http://imgur.com/a/ji1qZ
talos

Re: TR-09 error - help!

Post by talos »

Looks like battery low
aalanthony

Post by aalanthony »

It's running through USB out!
apauw

Post by apauw »

It still means that the battery is low.

i) Check your usb cable.
ii) Check if your usb port can deliver the power (500 mA).
iii) If you have the latest firmware, then check if you have it switched to always on battery (can't remember which setting it is). It will mean it will always run on batteries, even if USB is connected, that way you can connect it to all USB ports on the MX1 mixer (only one USB port can deliver power to connected devices, thus with the old firmware you could only connect one Boutique).

Just my two cents,
Albert

P.S. You can check if it is running only on batteries by pulling out the batteries, it will not start up even when connected to USB, if so check my point iii).
aalanthony

Post by aalanthony »

apauw wrote:It still means that the battery is low.

i) Check your usb cable.
ii) Check if your usb port can deliver the power (500 mA).
iii) If you have the latest firmware, then check if you have it switched to always on battery (can't remember which setting it is). It will mean it will always run on batteries, even if USB is connected, that way you can connect it to all USB ports on the MX1 mixer (only one USB port can deliver power to connected devices, thus with the old firmware you could only connect one Boutique).

Just my two cents,
Albert

P.S. You can check if it is running only on batteries by pulling out the batteries, it will not start up even when connected to USB, if so check my point iii).
thanks, the firmware update did the trick